Sunday, January 28, 2007

I go the other way

Friday afternoon, walking underground to reach the subway, I was jamming away to some tunes. Then I heard a voice, and don't ask me how, but I knew it was directed at me.

Removing my headphones, I looked to my left, and saw a man. Sensing my confusion, he repeated himself

"(in tagalog) How you doin'?"

"(tagalog) Fine thanks. Yourself?"

"(Also fine, thanks.)"

I was impressed. His accent was spot on, and he sounded very confident in what he was saying. I thought he may be fluent.

"Your tagalog is excellent! Are you fluent?"

"No, not really."

"Well, either way I'm impressed."

"Actually, I do become fluent when I'm attracted to someone and I want to impress them."


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A face that sets off gaydars the world over.

"Whoa...this is new." I thought to myself. Never had a dude hit on me before. As we reached the bottom step, he went to his right, I went the other way, and my oncoming train roared into the station, drowning out the awkwardness.

"Anyway, have a great weekend!"

"Yeah, you too."

You can see it in his face, the realization that I was not "his type". It sorta said "OK, I get it, you're straight." Not that I was trying to bugger him off, I thought I ended the conversation nicely, and deserve a pat on the back for being nice whilst yet establishing non-gayness.

And I guess it's cool to be thought of as attractive enough to approach. Still, kinda wish it was good-looking girl. Oh well, I'll take the ego boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment