Saturday, July 14, 2007

Roadspill

This afternoon I was on my way home. On the right lane, I noticed that, about 50 metres away, a van was stopped with its hazard lights on. After merging into the next lane over, I looked over. What was wrong? Flat tire? Woman in labour? Then I saw the answer.

The van had pulled right beside a light post, to which a child was standing uncomfortably close to. As the kid pulled up his pants and turned around, a big wet mark was visible.

Really, sir/madam - could you not find some place a little more discrete than a major road? I understand kids don't have as much control with their bladders, but c'mon. There's some secluded bushes and a donut shop nearby. The following sentence is going to age me, but who cares; when I was a kid, and I was on road trips, my dad wouldn't let me go over the side of the road. Instead he'd make me find an empty can/bottle and go in there while the van was moving.

Maybe that's why I have such exceptional balance these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment