Wednesday, June 27, 2007

More Than Meets the Eye

In less than a week's time, the Transformers return to glory (hopefully).

When news first broke of a live-action CGI Transformers, in typical fanboy form, I instantly became critical. "Man, they'd better not **** it up or it's gonna suck balls!" When I heard about how Optimus had flames painted on his body and Bumblebee wasn't a VW Beetle, I lost all faith I had in the movie. I knew I would see it, but I imagined myself pouting like a little 10 year old kid forced to attend a party he never wanted to go to.







This is NOT Bumblebee.














THIS is Bumblebee!!!







A few months ago, I heard that the trailer had come out. I thought "Whatever." But my friends, who also have fanboy-ism in them, told me that it actually looked pretty good. "If they like it, it must be good!" But I still never got around to bothering with it until I saw the trailer in theatres.

My jaw dropped at the action on the screen. OK, so Optimus had flames on his body and it made him look somewhat flaming, but I was still in awe. The transforming bits were done really well, even though they're lacking the trademark sound from the cartoon.



"Autobots....transform and roll out!"

My friend and I can't get over the bit where Josh Durmal yells "No no no NOOOO!!!" as a jet swoops down on them, only to transform into Starscream, kicking up gravel as he slides across the road. The first time I saw that I went "HOOOOOLLLYYY SHIT!!!" Or when a Decepticon (don't know which) charges into Optimus on a highway.



And now, as a preview for the upcoming movie, let us relive one of the most glorious moments in Transformers history - when Optimus Prime was revived (NSFW - trust me).



It may still suck, it may not. But I now am feverishly awaiting July 3 with the joy of a 10 year old kid counting down till Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment