Monday, June 11, 2007

Random Homecoming

My unremarkable, yet triumphant return.

After numerous threats from the loyal fanbase that I apparently have, I have returned. What have I been up to in the past three months or so? A helluva lot. So much in fact, that I'm not even going to bother going through the motions of talking about it all.

Instead, I thought it would be nice to talk about nothing in particular. The task of recounting the major events of the past three months is much too daunting. Allowing myself to post with no direction whatsoever has encouraged me to write. So here I am.

For no reason, I've decided to post something I read out of Scientific America this past weekend.


A man was in Africa on leisure. In addition to the hat on his head, he had five hats with him. On a particularly hot day, he found shade under a tree and fell asleep. Upon awakening, he saw that, much to his dismay, five monkeys had taken five of his hats and perched themselves up on a tree, staring at him.

The man didn't know what to do. In frustration, he threw his hat to the ground. Unable to control their "monkey-see, monkey-do" compulsion, the monkeys threw down their hats. The man happily collected them and went on his way.

Decades later, the man's grandson happened to visit the same area. Again, he had five hats (in addition to the one on his head). He went to sleep under the same tree, and upon awakening, found himself in the same dilemma as his grandfather did.

Following the tale his grandfather had told him, he threw his hat down to the ground. Unfortunately, the monkeys didn't follow suit. Curiously, one monkey came down. He walked up to the man, slapped him upside the head and asked "You think you're the only one with a grandfather?"

I admit, I LOL'd in Chapter's over that one.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
An image of comedic excellence? Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment